Wednesday, September 06, 2006

So you wanna be a writer?

I’m not a freelancer, and I don’t really consider myself a writer. (Although I spend about a third of the time at my job writing articles, I prefer the title hack.)

Maybe someday. Until then, I try to learn about the writing world, and there are blogs out there designed just for that purpose. Here are a few. (For the original, longer list, head on over to Inkthinker.)

The Artful Writer
I know some of you out there are really interested in film. Have you considered writing for it? This blog can help. It’s goal is to provide “information, theory and debate for the professional television and film writer.” Check it out.

Angela Booth
Want your writing to be more productive, more creative, and more lucrative? Go to Angela Booth to find helpful tips and tools for all kinds of writing.

Editors Weblog
Want to freelance for a newspaper? Curious about what’s happening in the newsroom? The Editors Weblog has information about the latest trends in journalism.

Pro Blogger
Maybe most of your writing exists on a blog. You want to make money with it, right? If so, this blog about lucrative blogging can help.

Written Road
So you like to travel. And you like to write. Maybe you should take a trip on over to the Written Road and learn about the travel publishing world. It offers information about available jobs, training, and resources for travel writers.

Again, I thank Inkthinker her guest author for this helpful information. Hope it can help some of you too.

2 Comments:

Blogger J.Mac said...

hey des, nice site! please say hi to dave for me. will check in again some time. =) jm<><

Thu Sep 07, 09:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I tell Dave hi. I try to keep him posted about what's on your blog. But you know, he can't get to it from work. :(

Thu Sep 07, 10:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home